Tahini Banana Bread is next-level! The nutty flavor from the Tahini shines through and takes the spotlight! I hope you make this Banana Bread with Tahini recipe, your go-to when your bananas need a little love!
?One of the many reasons I love this Tahini Banana Bread recipe is because it has NO butter! I substituted the butter and any extra oil with Tahini for so many reasons. The biggest reason is that I absolutely love the taste of Tahini and when I made the recipe the first time, I actually used butter and I couldn't taste the Tahini enough. So that needed to change!
Not to mention that Tahini has a ton of health benefits, making it such an amazing substitute for butter, meanwhile staying a deliciously moist banana bread - just how I like it! I go over some of the health benefits below. Try other recipes that have Tahini, like this Silky Smooth Authentic Hummus recipe, or this Tahini Frosting recipe that pairs perfectly with chocolate cupcakes or cake!
Tahini, bananas, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, flour, chocolate, and pistachios or nut of your choice!
To Make This Banana Bread With Tahini Recipe Even Healthier Read Up:
Switch out the all-purpose flour for gluten-free flour. You'll want to make sure the package shows that it can be substituted for a 1:1 ratio for all-purpose flour recipes. It turns out just as delicious to make this Tahini banana Bread recipe healthy with GF flour. My husband couldn't tell the difference!
Use the Right Amount Of Bananas!
This tip is incredibly important for the bread to come out moist. As you know baking is a science, and the amount bananas you use in this bread matters!
WHY I LOVE THIS RECIPE
This Banana Bread with Tahini is an ode to my childhood in Lebanon!
If you didn't know, Tahini is used for sweets and many more recipes and dishes besides hummus. Which shocks most people.
But, I grew up eating many desserts that were made with it, one, that was my absolute favorite was made with Tahini, and sugar, with tons of pistachios sprinkled throughout. It's not an easy dessert to find when you're an 8-hour round-trip away from a Middle Eastern store.
So, I recreated the flavor combination using Banana Bread as my base!
HEALTHY BANANA BREAD
This Banana bread with Tahini recipe is healthier than the average banana bread recipe, because:
- No butter. You really taste the Tahini in my recipe, and that was my #1 goal! I love the nutty flavor.
- Tahini has loads of health benefits. More on the health benefits of Tahini below.
- Reduced sugar. Triple win!
TAHINI HEALTH BENEFITS
First, let's go over what is Tahini. Tahini is made of hulled, crushed toasted sesame seeds. It is very popular in a variety of dishes (not just hummus) in the Middle East and in Mediterranean cuisine.
Tahini is packed with nutrients! It's high in antioxidants, it's an anti-inflammatory, heart health, protects kidney and liver function and so much more. Needless to say, it's the perfect substitute for butter in banana bread and enriches it with the best nutty flavor and tons of health benefits!
I know I can't say the same about butter!
How to Store Banana Bread
Store this banana bread in an airtight container or placed in a large ziploc bag to keep fresh for several days on the counter. Store banana bread in the fridge for longevity.
How to Store in the Fridge
Store in the fridge covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. Slice the banana bread and wrap it individually, then place it in a large Ziploc bag or airtight container to enjoy throughout the week.
How to Wrap to Freeze
To wrap this bread to freeze you will need to let it cool completely then wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in a gallon ziploc bag. The banana bread wrapped this way can last for months to years in the back of the freezer.
How long does this bread last in the Freezer
This bread will last for months in the freezer if packaged properly. It will last even longer in a deep freezer.
*as an Amazon Associate, earn from qualifying purchases from the links on my page at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.
I've linked a good Tahini from Amazon below! Make my Hummus recipe with any leftovers!
Tahini Banana Bread
- ½ cup Tahini
- 3 large ripe bananas or 4 medium
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon for the top of the loaf.
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chunks or chips
- ½ cup chopped pistachios pecans, or walnuts.
Optional Tahini drizzle
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoon hot water to make it runny
- 4 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mash peeled bananas.
- Add eggs and whisk to combine. Then add tahini, vanilla, white sugar, brown sugar, and stir.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, chocolate and pistachios or other nuts and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan (9x5) and sprinkle the top with sugar.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Then cover with foil and bake for an additional 25-40 minutes. Until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbles.
- Set aside until completely cooked, for about 30 minutes.
- If you need to purchase Tahini, HERE is the link to a good one on Amazon!
- Using GF flour? Make sure it's a 1:1 ratio mixture. Should be shown on the package.
- Baking times differ greatly depending on your oven and your baking dish. Check your bread periodically passed the 50-minute mark.