Pumpkin Bread with Cardamom Sugar recipe is soft, moist, and absolutely full of the quintessential fall flavor!
Every bite is full of pumpkin spice and a great warm welcome to baking season.
Topped with a cardamom cinnamon sugar mixture that creates the best crunch and added flavor. Try this Cardamom Pumpkin Bread recipe in your rotation for baking fall bread recipes this season!
It’s time to cozy up with a hot cup of coffee (or tea) and fresh sliced Pumpkin Bread to embrace this new season upon us.
It’s also the season for sharing! I love the fall and holiday season for that. I often make a double batch of something good and share with neighbors and friends. And no need to double up this recipe, it’s ready to be shared.
This recipe makes 2 loaves of this moist pumpkin bread goodness. Perfect for making some for yourself, and sharing the rest with your friends or neighbors.
That’s fully embracing the fall season with homemade fresh bread to share with your friends and your tastebuds. Yum.
Of course, if you’re gluten-free, you can easily make this a gluten free pumpkin bread by substituting all-purpose flour for a gluten free 1:1 flour. Just make sure your flour states it’s 1:1 ratio.
I was inspired to make a great pumpkin bread about a week before fall. So, a friend came over and we made one of her go-to recipes, as a fun welcome to fall / baking season day! Hers made 3 loafs and had various spices, so as soon as we finished our loaf, I was set on recreating it using what I had on hand.
I subbed many ingredients to make it more suitable for us, like vegetable oil for butter, and various spices for Pumpkin pie spice to make it easier on myself (so many things to measure when baking!).
And of course, I added a cardamom cinnamon sugar topping, and let me tell you, I fell in love with absolutely every bite. Pumpkin Cardamom is a hit!
Cardamom is a popular spice in the Middle east, and I crave it every fall season! It was the perfect Mediterranean touch to a traditional pumpkin bread recipe (per me and my household, of course).
I did share it with my Ladies cooking group on the coast, and they enjoyed it, so per them too ;).
This easy pumpkin bread quickly turned into a breakfast, snack and dessert option for the next couple days. Every bite was a dream bite!
It pairs great with coffee for a quick breakfast or dessert. It has the most amazing flavors and easy to make instead of measuring every spice individually.
Being a pumpkin pie spice recipe with cardamom added to the topping, it’s unique and seriously easy to whip up. No need to measure all of them individually.
Then coated with a cardamom sugar topping that adds even more flavor to this already delicious and easy Pumpkin Bread recipe.
I love adding cardamom to my coffee from time to time, especially in fall and winter when you need more cozy in your daily routine. So it comes as no surprise that I spontaneously added cardamom sugar to top this bread. I’m not sure why this wasn’t a thing to begin with! Pumpkin Cardamom are two peas in a pod!
Nothing says fall like baking up all the fall bread recipes, you should also try my Banana Bread!
- Tahini Banana Bread
- Try a chocolate cake with my Tahini Frosting
Sign up here to receive recipes via email every week!
PUMPKIN BREAD WITH CARDAMOM SUGAR INGREDIENTS
FOR THE BREAD
- Pumpkin Puree. Canned pumpkin is the easiest to use. I typically buy the big 29 oz can and freeze the rest that I don’t get into.
- Butter melted. Make sure the butter is melted but not too hot. I used unsalted for this recipe.
- White Sugar. Be mindful of decreasing the sugar content, all baking has the right amount of everything needed to come out as explained.
- Brown Sugar. This adds a deeper note of flavor that makes all holiday baking a little extra. Use light, medium or dark. I used Medium.
- Eggs. Use large eggs.
- All-purpose Flour. Use regular flour or to make this bread recipe gluten free use a gluten free 1:1 flour.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice and Cardamom spice take this bread to the next level. Cardamom adds a kick of flavor inside the bread that matches the sugar topping placed on prior to baking. This is a pumpkin pie spice recipe with cardamom, making it easier to measure out and the flavor is amazing. Be sure to use fresh pumpkin pie spice!
FOR THE CARDAMOM SUGAR TOPPING
- White Sugar. Add sweetness and a good crust to this spice mixture with sugar. Using light brown sugar works great as well.
- Cardamom Spice. Ground Cardamom creates a very distinct flavor. Being a key element, I wouldn’t replace with another spice. And don’t you worry if you end up purchasing cardamom for this recipe, I’ll be coming out with plenty more cardamom recipes. The ideas are endless being that it’s a fall favorite for me!
- Cinnamon. Ground cinnamon adds a little sweet spice note to mellow the cardamom.
Products You Need For This Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Spices you will need.
Happy baking all the delicious fall bread recipes! If you enjoyed this Pumpkin Bread with Cardamom Sugar rrecipe, share it with others via email and Facebook (there’s a share via FB button in the recipe card below!).
Pumpkin Bread with Cardamom Sugar
- 2 bread loafs 9×5
- 2⅓ cups Pumpkin Puree
- ⅔ cup Butter melted
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cups + 2 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ tsp Ground Cardamom
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. And in a medium bowl mix all wet ingredients. Combine the wet with the dry and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into 2 loaf pans evenly. Sprinkle the cardamom sugar topping on each loaf and bake for 45-60 minutes. Test using a toothpick to make sure it comes out dry. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cookie rack to cool completely.
Let us know if you loved this Pumpkin Bread by rating it in the stars above.