These Air Fryer parsnips are the best sweet, salty, and crispy alternative to fries using just 4 ingredients! The best part is they take just a few minutes in the air fryer, then they're ready to serve as a healthy side with no extra sauce needed.
If you're on the hunt for a super easy side to pair with your air fryer frozen fish dinner this week, then these air fried parsnips are just what you're looking for! And what's my favorite starter, you ask? None other than Tuna ceviche, and you have yourself a healthy and flavor-rich meal with little effort. That's my kind of dinner for any day of the week!
I can't deny a good one-dish wonder, like these air fried parsnip fries... from the sweet and spicy hot honey that's perfectly balanced by a dash of salt and topped off by using a healthy flavor-rich extra virgin olive oil that seals the deal. Have I said I'm obsessed?
I'm an avid air fryer user, and have no shortage of air fryer recipes. Anything from air fryer crab rangoons, to air frying oysters (thank me later), and of course air fried squash fries... which would make a great alternative to this honey air fryer parsnips recipe!
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Parsnips Recipe
- It's a one-dish wonder. No extra sauce, dressing, or dip is needed!
- Just 4-ingredients. And they sure make a statement!
- Super fast and easy to whip up. They cook up in just 13 minutes.
- Sweet, Salty, Spicy! The perfect trio to compliment these scrumptious air fried parsnip fries!
- Healthy. Parsnips are high in fiber, antioxidants and a great source of vitamin C.
- Parsnips. You can easily find them at most large grocery stores near the carrots. They're grown year-around but peak season for them is October through May, as they're a winter crop.
- Hot Honey, also know as spicy honey. For an alternative, use regular honey with a sprinkle of cayenne or red pepper flakes.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil. A good healthy flavorful oil makes them even healthier!
- Sea Salt. Using salt while also adding a sweetener like honey will naturally enhance the sweet parsnips flavor.
You can find the complete recipe below.
How to Bake Parsnips in Air Fryer
First, peel and chop your parsnips. Peel and cut the parsnips to about ¼ inch thickness, making sure they're all similar size. Add them to a large bowl.
Last, cook up the parsnips! Add them to the air fryer basket and cook them on 375 for 13-15 minutes. Toss them halfway. Remove them and plate. They should be crispy and brown around the edges.
Top Tips You'll Need
- The number one best tip for the crispiest parsnips in the air fryer is to preheat your air fryer for a few minutes prior to cooking.
- Coat the parsnips evenly in the oil and honey.
- Put enough salt! Parsnips are naturally sweet, and adding hot honey adds and compliments the sweetness well, but in order to enhance their flavor you have to add enough salt. Taste and adjust the amount to your liking.
- Keep a close eye on them while the parsnips are cooking. Cooking times may vary slightly based on the size, thickness and your air fryer.
- Toss, flip, or shake halfway through.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Parsnips
Serve them in a large serving bowl or in a shallow white dish.
What pairs well with parsnips?
Some of my favorite cocktails to have alongside parsnips are spicy mango margarita or this blueberry gin and tonic that compliment the sweet and spicy well. Time to remake them so I can have it again!
How To Store & Reheat
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat the parsnips in the air fryer to enjoy them warm and crispy again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Peel them before preparing and cooking them.
Parsnips become woody and bitter when they're not fresh and have been stored too long, or if they're overgrown. To avoid them becoming bitter it's best to eat them at optimal freshness. Another tip is to remove the center of any larger parsnips before eating.
Keeping the parsnips as dry as possible and coating them in a good honey and olive oil glaze like in this recipe will ensure the parsnips coming out extra crispy.
Flipping or shaking them in the air fryer can seem like it's an easy task, but avoiding them sticking to the air fryer basket is a challenge. My best tip for flipping is greasing the basket before using it and always use a metal spatula to flip.
More Air Fryer Recipes
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! When you make this dish, please RATE using the ⭐️stars, and COMMENT at the end of the page. I love connecting with you in the comments section.
Make sure to share this recipe (there's an easy SHARE on FB button in the recipe card!) or post your picture on Instagram and tag @theperfecttide.
Easy Air Fryer Parsnips
- Preheat the air fryer to 375℉.
- Toss the parsnips with the olive oil, spicy honey, and salt. Coat them well in the mixture.
- Add the parsnips to the air fryer basket and cook them for about 13-15 minutes, tossing them halfway. Remove them once the parsnips are crispy and golden on the outside. The time may vary depending on the size, thickness, or the style of your air fryer.