Get your party started with this spicy mango margarita that's the perfect drink for a gorgeous summer day. This recipe is extremely easy to make, using just 4 simple ingredients! Serve this mango margarita over the rocks with a Tajin coated rim that seals the deal!
Spicy Mango Margarita Recipe
I've been on the hunt for a mango margarita on the rocks, so my husband whipped up this drink for me and I was hooked ever since.
This sweet, spicy, and salty margarita is an absolute must-try for a drink for two, or a large crowd. It's perfect with a fun charcuterie night, like this seacuterie board. Or alongside crab tacos that I cn never turn down. Another margarita I love making is this huckleberry margarita that's absolutely beautiful and delicious!
If you enjoy a slightly spicy, but not over the top drink, then this is definitely your drink. If you prefer it to be extremely spicy, then dare add another slice of jalapeno to the mix!
I love adding a kick to my drinks whenever I can, and knowing spicy drinks are good for you is even better.
Ingredients You'll Need To Make It
It's quite easy to whip up this spicy margarita, and compared to other spicy drinks, it's more on the mild side. So, add another slice of jalapeno if you prefer it on the spicier side!
You'll need a Cocktail Shaker and these ingredients:
- Mango nectar.
- Lime, juiced.
- Jalapeno. Cleaned and cut with seeds and all.
To coat the rim of the glass, you'll need:
- Granulated sugar.
- Lime juice.
- Jalapeno slice. I use the slice of jalapeno reserved from the drink.
Get your cocktail shaker here!
How To Make Spicy Margaritas
This drink is as simple as it gets.
- First, you'll need to coat the rim.
- Add the mango nectar, tequila, lime, and jalapenos to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake and serve over ice.
- Blend it! If you prefer it blended you may need to double the recipe and blend with ice until it's completely smooth.
- Use cayenne. If you'd rather not run to the store for jalapenos, use cayenne powder instead!
- No tajin? The chili, salty, lime forward rim is what makes this drink pop! Instead of using tajin, you can mix chili powder, salt, and lime zest.
- Make with pineapple. This recipe will be so good with pineapple juice.
This drink has a little kick without being too overpowering. It's a sweet, spicy, and fruity margarita. Just what you need on a Friday night, or Sunday afternoon!
To make spicy, pour your drink with a couple slices of jalapenos (seeds and all) in a cocktail shaker and shake for 20 seconds.
That's all, no blending needed! It's so easy and so good!
Absolutely! To make a non-alcoholic version of a spicy mango margarita, simply leave out the tequila and replace it with sparkling water.
You'll still get the delicious mango and spicy flavors, without the alcohol.
What Pairs Well With This Cocktail
I like pairing this spicy margarita with almost all seafood, and anything grilled! As far as what season to enjoy this drink, since this is a mango nectar recipe, any season will do. It's especially good for a new year's drink, and during the spring and summer months.
Here are my favorite recipes that go amazing with this spicy mango margarita on the rocks:
- Easy Crab Boil. Serve an easy feast and this easy spicy drink to go along!
- Crab Rangoon. This is a crunchy, creamy crab appetizer that makes for a great pairing with this spicy margarita!
- Crab Tacos. You can't go wrong with tacos and margaritas, especially when they're seafood tacos!
- Seafood charcuterie. Put together a beautiful seafood charcuterie board and enjoy your drink. Lucky you!
APPS TO ENJOY ALONGSIDE
Spicy Mango Margarita
- 8 oz mango nectar 1 cup
- 4 oz tequila
- 1 lime squeezed
- 4 slices jalapeno with seeds
- 2 tablespoon tajin
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 slices jalapeno reserved from the drink
- lime enough to wet the rim
- To coat the rim of the glass, mix tajin and sugar in a small plate or bowl.
- Wet the rim of the glass in lime juice, then gently dip it in the tajin mixture until the rim is coated.
- In a cocktail shaker add ice and all of the drink ingredients, and shake for 20 seconds.
- Fill the glass with ice and pour the drink. Garnish with a slice of jalapeÃ±o to serve.